The Ultimate Budget Davinci Resolve controller on Steroids
— MK2 —
APC40 MK2 Resolve Edition
Created by Glenn Venghaus
Davinci Resolve 15.2+ (MAC OSX), V9.5 April 2019
Davinci Resolve 16 beta (MAC OSX), V10.3b May 2019
The nr 1 budget controller for Davinci Resolve on the Mac platform MK2. (check here for the MK1)
If you want all the features of the 30.000$ Black Magic controller and much much more , but have only 1% of the budget, look no further. This software kit repurposes the successor of the legendary Akai APC40 MK1 midi controller , the new and improved and readily available APC40 MK2 to an all new level and turns it into a insanely full featured Davinci Resolve control panel. So get one of these babies and put this software kit on top.
- ~99% of the Davinci Resolve 15 & 16 color grading page controls mapped to buttons and rotary knobs of the Akai APC-40 MK2 midi controller (not included), assisted via a unique programmed visual feedback system using its lights. This all driven by over ten thousand smart interacting objects programmed in the “Controllermate” software (license not included) augmented by a large set of custom developed scripts and tools that go way beyond the possibilities of controllermate alone and give rise to some unique features.The following base features of the resolve color page can be fully controlled:
- Primary wheels
- Primary Bars
- Log wheels
- RGB mixer
- Printer Lights
- Custom Curves (unique feature !!)
- X vs Y Curves (all)
- Qualifiers (HSL,RGB,3D)
- Shapes (full control over all shapes)
- Sizing (full control over all sizing types + selecting blanking presets)
- Motion FX
- Any OFX (unique feature, see later)
- Full Tracker and stabiliser control
- Several key global controls like among others
- Navigation (playback/clip/node/keyframe/marker/timelines/first-last frame etc)
- Dedicated extra knob with hardware clicks for frame based back/forth navigation
- Keyframe control (add/del dynamic/static )
- Add/del nodes (any type)
- Version control (add/prev/next)
- 8 memory positions direct access (save/load)
- Disable/enable grade/node/mute
- loop on/off
- fullscreen / enhanced screen on/off
- extensive reset features (entire grade / node / section / individual parameters)
- split screen on/off and type selection
- wipe on/off and wipe type selection
- wipe position control knob
- pan/tilt control knob
- key / highlight on/off/type/swap
- zoom wheel / reset zoom
- on/off toggle of several tabs like clip/timeline/gallery/ofx etc
- Besides complete color grading page operation also a fully loaded, dynamic and bi-directional Mackie HUI style mixer for the Fairlight and Edit page, with 8 channel strips (per bank) with fader, pan, mute, solo, rec and separate rude-solo indicator / solo reset, fader reset , jog/shuttle control knob and page navigation by bank or channel.
- Absolutely unique to this controller, full control over a set of selected and expanding number of the best of Resolve OFX. Currently these 20 Resolve OFX plugins are supported and fully mapped:
- Lens Blur
- Color Compressor
- Contrast Pop
- Lens Flare
- Face Refinement (partly)
- Sharpen Edges
- Soften & Sharpen
- Tilt/Shift Blur
- Film Grain
- Camera Shake
- Lens Distortion
- Aperture Diffraction
- Lens Reflections
- Patch Replacer
- Flicker Addition
- Film Damage
- Full control over any other non standard , incl 3rd party, ofx plugins using general automapped layout.
- For the color grading page, a set of 5 extra banks with 16 knobs and 3 buttons each, featuring user programmable mappings, all programmed directly by you and simply with the controller itself, using smart visual feedback. These are mainly intended for mapping your own favorite not standard mapped OFX plugins, but can also be used for the Camera Raw pane for example, which is not in the standard mapping due to constant changing layout based on source material type, so a perfect candidate for user mapping.
- For the Fairlight mixing and Edit page , 2 independent similar sets of 5 banks each, for custom mapping the 16 knobs.
- An absolutely unique feature never seen elsewhere besides on the Beatstep and APC40MK1 kits also available here, to control all content in the Edit and Fairlight page INSPECTOR window, like Edit Sizing, OFX plugins and audio settings and plugins, using smart auto-mapping and detection routines, making the panel even more suited to also do all sorts of finishing type of work.
- A butter smooth source/timeline jog knob (featuring auto-detected screen location using custom build computer vision tools) for the edit and Media page, and a standard extra frame back/forward stepping knob in color page
- A convenient callable HUD (Heads Up Display) to help you not get lost with the mappings in all pages.
- Extensive support in case of issues, custom requests (within limits)
- Receive automatic and free (lifetime) version upgrades, no hidden fees or other b.s.
- Optional recommended components (not included, not required, nice to haves):
- A ‘single’ Kensington SlimBlade trackball (RRP ~120EU) can be triggered from and used together with Akai APC40 MK2 to control color wheel type controls (in the log and wheels panes) in Resolve.
- Alternatively, you can use the Akai in combination with a standalone Tangent Ripple (RRP~350EU) for example or any other 3 ball controller if you prefer 3 ball parallel control and use the Akai panel to control everything else.
- For the ultimate setup you can use the Akai together with both above options for 4 ball parallel control. This is the closest you can get to a 30K Resolve controller for a mere fraction of the costs.
If still not convinced, check out the full video operation manual here
00:00 – Introduction
02:46 – General Principles and Controls
10:27 – Main Color page control
20:37 – OFX & Custom control
25:59 – Fairlight & Edit
31:04 – All the rest
- AKAI APC40 MK2 midi controller (for the MK1 check here !!!)
- Davinci Resolve MAC OSX (studio or free) >= 15.2
- Supported OS versions for this kit (check with BM for support of Resolve 15 and 16 itself on yourOS):
- MAC OSX El Capitan , (requires controllermate v4.9.10)
- MAC OSX Sierra , (>=10.12.4, requires controllermate=v4.10.2)
- MAC OSX High Sierra (>=10.13.2, requires controllermate>=v4.10.4)
- MAC OSX Mojave (>=10.14.0, requires controllermate>=v4.11.1)
- Davinci Resolve GUI language set to English. No other GUI language supported
- Full controllermate software license (available at http://www.orderedbytes.com)
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT
Single mapped resolution package for Davinci Resolve 15 & 16 with reference material, install instruction, ready printable labeling templates. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades for 1 single resolution + screen layout combination.
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT EXTREME
Full kit with all currently available mapped stock resolutions and screen layouts for Davinci Resolve 15(+DR16 upon release), with reference material, install instruction, ready printable labeling templates. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades
- RESOLVE EDITION MULTI RESOLUTION ADD-ON
Single “additional” mapped resolution and screen layout combo kit or “all stock resolutions” kit for existing users with a paid full version. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades
Rem : any other inquiries feel free to contact me for options