The Ultimate Portable Davinci Resolve controller on Steroids
Beatstep Resolve Edition
Created by Glenn Venghaus
Current Davinci Resolve 15.2.x (MAC OSX), V9.0 dec 2018
The nr 1 budget portable controller for new Davinci Resolve 15 on the Mac platform.
This control panel is based entirely on his larger brother APC40 Resolve Edition, but now crammed and slammed into the much smaller but rugged readily available Arturia Beatstep midi controller. So don’t let the size fool you, as it has more then 90% of its features including a visual feedback system to make it a breeze to work with.
As of v7.0 also an additional HUD (Head Up Display) feature to help navigating the controls in the different pages.
As of v9.0, long awaited and absolutely unique among controllers, complete smart automapped control over all Inspector panel content in Edit and Fairlight, which add’s yet another whole new level of control in addition to the already very large and complete color page focussed feature set.
If you want all the features of the 30.000$ Black Magic controller and much much more unique stuff on top of that, but have only 1% of the budget, and want it to be portable as well, look no further. This software kit repurposes the readily available and popular Arturia Beatstep midi controller to an all new insane level
- ~90% of the new Davinci Resolve 15 color grading page controls mapped to buttons and rotary knobs of the Arturia Beatstep midi controller (not included), assisted via a unique programmed visual feedback system using its lights. This all driven by over ten thousand smart interacting objects programmed in the “Controllermate” software (license not included) augmented by a large set of custom developed scripts and tools that go way beyond the possibilities of controllermate alone and give rise to some unique features. The following base features of the resolve color page can be fully controlled:
- Primary wheels
- Primary Bars
- Log wheels
- RGB mixer
- Printer Lights
- Custom Curves(unique feature !!)
- X vs Y Curves (all)
- Qualifiers (HSL,RGB,3D)
- Shapes (full control over all shapes)
- Sizing (full control over all sizing types )
- Motion FX
- Any OFX plugin (unique feature , see later)
- Several global controls like among others
- Navigation (playback/clip/node/keyframe etc)
- Add nodes (any type)
- Version control (add/next)
- Disable/enable grade/node
- loop on/off
- fullscreen on/off
- extensive reset features (entire grade / node / section / single parameter (on key primary parameters))
- zoom wheel / reset zoom
- full control of wipe position and wipe type selection
- Besides complete color grading page operation also a fully loaded, dynamic Mackie HUI style mixer for the Fairlight and Edit page, with 8 channel strips (per bank) with navigation, fader, pan, mute, fader/pan reset , jog/shuttle control knob and page navigation by bank or channel.
- Absolutely unique to this controller and its larger brother, full control over a set of selected and expanding number of the best of Resolve OFX. Currently these 20 Resolve OFX plugins including the new DR15 plugins are supported and fully mapped:
- Lens Blur
- Color Compressor
- Contrast Pop
- Lens Flare
- Face Refinement (partly)
- Sharpen Edges
- Soften & Sharpen
- Tilt/Shift Blur
- Film Grain
- Camera Shake
- Lens Distortion
- Apperture Diffraction
- Lens Reflections
- Patch Replacer
- Flicker Addition
- Film Damage
- Control over ANY not pre mapped OFX plugin (incl 3rd party) using a default general purpose mapping of up to 16 ofx slider controls.
- For the color grading page, a set of 5 extra banks with 16 knobs each, featuring user programmable mappings, all programmed directly by you and simply with the controller itself, using smart visual feedback. These are mainly intended for custom mapping your own favorite not standard mapped OFX plugins, but can also be used for the Camera Raw pane for example, which is not in the standard mapping due to constant changing layout based on source material type, so a perfect candidate for user mapping.
- A butter smooth source/timeline jog knob (featuring auto-detected screen location using custom build computer vision tools) for the Edit and Media page
- A course/fine toggle for changing the controls sensitivity for most pages
- A callable HUD (Head up Display) in addition to a led driven visual feedback system so you never get lost.
- Extensive support in case of issues, custom requests (within limits)
- Receive automatic and free (lifetime) version upgrades, no hidden fees or other b.s.
- NEW !! As of V9.0 now , as the only controller in the world (next to the also here available APC40 MK1 and MK2 kits) , amazing new features allowing full control over the edit and fairlight page inspector tab content. Like Edit Sizing, OFX plugins and Audio settings / plugins.
And here an example of the new HUD feature, available on ALL pages , to help you in learning this massive controller.
If you are still in doubt, check out the full user manual video , to see how it works in detail.
remark : Does not contain all current released features and optimisations as was produced on original release early 2018. Like HUD feature, course/fine control , Inspector page control, individual param reset, several layout optimisations (based on user feedback) etc etc.
- Arturia Beatstep midi controller (the original model , not the pro), white or black edition.
- Davinci Resolve MAC OSX (studio or free) >= 15.0
- Supported OS versions for this kit (check with BM for support of Resolve 15 itself on your OS !!!):
- MAC OSX El Capitan , (requires controllermate v4.9.10)
- MAC OSX Sierra , (>=10.12.4, requires controllermate=v4.10.2)
- MAC OSX High Sierra (>=10.13.2, requires controllermate>=v4.10.4)
- MAC OSX Mojave (>=10.14.0, requires controllermate>=v4.11.1)
- Davinci Resolve GUI language set to English. No other GUI language supported
- Full controllermate software license (available at http://www.orderedbytes.com)
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT
Single mapped resolution package for the new Davinci Resolve 15 with reference material, install instruction, ready printable labeling templates. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades for 1 single resolution + screen layout combination.
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT EXTREME
Full kit with all currently available mapped stock resolutions and screen layouts for Davinci Resolve 15, with reference material, install instruction, ready printable labeling templates. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades
- RESOLVE EDITION MULTI RESOLUTION ADD-ON
Single “additional” mapped resolution and screen layout combo kit or “all stock resolutions” kit for existing users with a paid full version. Includes locked in lifetime support and free version upgrades.
Once payment is received I will build and send you the latest personalised install kit within max 1 day (via download link) if your screen resolution is already in stock. Otherwise give me a few days to do the mapping for your specific setup. I may also send you a request for a specific screenshot you have to make, which I will use for confirming/simulating your resolution/setup and do the custom mapping.
Feel free to contact me for questions/options