The Ultimate Portable Davinci Resolve controller on Steroids
Beatstep Resolve Edition
The nr 1 budget portable Davinci Resolve controller for grading and editing with Davinci Resolve 15 and 16 on the Mac OSX platform
This control panel software only kit is based entirely on his larger brother APC40 Resolve Edition, but now crammed and slammed into the much smaller but rugged readily available Arturia Beatstep midi controller (Standard white or Black edition). So don’t let the size fool you, as it has more then 90% of its features including a visual feedback system to make it a breeze to work with.
If you want all the features of the 30.000$ Black Magic color control surface , the BM edit controller and much much more unique stuff on top of that, but have only 1% of the budget, and want it to be portable as well, look no further. This software kit repurposes the readily available and popular Arturia Beatstep midi controller to an all new insane level.
- ~95% of the Davinci Resolve 15/16 color grading page controls mapped to buttons and rotary knobs of the Arturia Beatstep midi controller (not included), assisted via a unique programmed visual feedback system using its lights. This all driven by over ten thousand smart interacting objects programmed in the “Controllermate” software (license not included) augmented by a large set of custom developed scripts and tools that go way beyond the possibilities of controllermate alone and give rise to some unique features. The following base features of the resolve color page can be fully controlled:
- Primary (new : including colorwheels control)
- Primary Bars
- Log (new : including colorwheels control)
- Camera RAW (new : included as of v10.9)
- RGB mixer
- Printer Lights
- Custom Curves(unique feature !!)
- X vs Y Curves (all)
- Qualifiers (HSL,RGB,3D)
- Shapes (full control over all shapes)
- Sizing (full control over all sizing types )
- Motion FX
- Any OFX plugin (unique feature , see later)
- Several global controls like among others
- Navigation (playback/clip/node/keyframe etc)
- Add nodes (any type)
- Version control (add/next)
- Disable/enable grade/node
- loop on/off
- fullscreen on/off
- extensive reset features (entire grade / node / section / single parameter (on key primary parameters))
- zoom wheel / reset zoom
- full control of wipe position and wipe type selection
- Besides complete color grading page operation also a fully loaded, dynamic Mackie HUI style mixer for the Fairlight page, with 8 channel strips (per bank) with navigation, fader, pan, mute, fader/pan reset , jog/shuttle control knob and page navigation by bank or channel.
- Absolutely unique to this controller and its larger brothers, full control over a set of selected and expanding number of the best of Resolve OFX. Currently these 21 Resolve OFX plugins are supported and fully mapped:
- Lens Blur
- Color Compressor
- Contrast Pop
- Lens Flare
- Face Refinement (4modes)
- Sharpen Edges
- Soften & Sharpen
- Tilt/Shift Blur
- Film Grain
- Camera Shake
- Lens Distortion
- Aperture Diffraction
- Lens Reflections
- Patch Replacer
- Flicker Addition
- Film Damage
- Beauty (2 modes)
- Control over ANY not pre mapped OFX plugin (incl 3rd party) using a default general purpose mapping of up to 16 ofx slider controls.
- For the color grading page, a set of 5 extra banks with 16 knobs each, featuring user programmable mappings, all programmed directly by you and simply with the controller itself, using smart visual feedback. These are mainly intended for custom mapping your own favorite not standard mapped OFX plugins, but can also be used for the Camera Raw pane for example, which is not in the standard mapping due to constant changing layout based on source material type, so a perfect candidate for user mapping.
- A butter smooth source/timeline jog knob (featuring auto-detected screen location using custom build computer vision tools) for the Edit and Media page
- A course/fine toggle for changing the controls sensitivity for most pages
- A callable HUD (Head up Display) in addition to a led driven visual feedback system so you never get lost.
- Extensive support in case of issues, custom requests (within limits)
- Receive automatic and free (lifetime) version upgrades, no hidden fees or other b.s.
- As of V9.0 , as the only controller in the world (next to the also here available APC40 MK1 and MK2 kits) , amazing new features allowing full control over the edit and fairlight page inspector tab content. Like Edit Sizing, OFX plugins and Audio settings / plugins.
- NEW !!!!! as of v10.7 a revamped EDIT page with full control over key edit features.
It now features new high speed efficient and dedicated navigation controls for things like Smooth Jog, Edit Points, Clip Gaps, Markers and keyframes as well as a dedicated timeline zoom control. Fast target audio and target video track selection as well as direct track auto select buttons on/off. A plethora of smart trimming tools to either quickly select nearest out/in/cut points or clips and then trimming/resizing or directly slip/slide/move/swaps clips all with dedicated knobs. And lots more handy editing/trimming tools And of course it also features the basic set of insert/overwrite/append/place on and several other editing/assembling buttons as well as a dedicated undo/redo. The CUT page is of course also supported although only for the relevant subset of features technically available there.
Here a focus on the smooth EDIT page SOURCE/TL window JOG feature (DR15/16) and the JOG/TL SCROLL feature (DR16 CUT page).
And here an example of the HUD feature, available on ALL pages , to help you in learning this massive controller.
If you are still in doubt, check out the full user manual video , to see how it works in detail.
remark : This current video manual does not contain all currently released features and optimisations as was produced on original release early 2018. Like HUD feature, the revamped EDIT page, course/fine control , Inspector page control, individual param reset, several layout optimisations (based on user feedback) etc etc.
- A standard Arturia Beatstep midi controller , not included (the original model , not the pro), white or black edition. (depicted below with the custom labels for which a ready to print template is included in the Resolve Edition kit)
- Davinci Resolve MAC OSX (studio or free) >= 15.0
- Supported OS versions for this kit (check with BM for support of Resolve itself on your OS !!!):
- MAC OSX El Capitan
- MAC OSX Sierra
- MAC OSX High Sierra
- MAC OSX Mojave
- MAC OSX Catalina
- Davinci Resolve GUI language set to English. No other GUI language supported
- Full controllermate software license , not included (available at http://www.orderedbytes.com)
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT
Single mapped resolution package for the new Davinci Resolve with reference material, install instruction and ready printable labels. Includes lifetime support and free version upgrades for 1 single resolution + screen layout combination.
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT EXTREME
Full kit with all currently available mapped stock resolutions and screen layouts for Davinci Resolve, with reference material, install instruction and ready printable labels. Includes lifetime support and free version upgrades
- RESOLVE EDITION UPGRADE KIT
Single “additional” mapped resolution and screen layout combo kit or full “all stock resolutions” kit upgrade for existing users with a paid full version. Includes lifetime support and free version upgrades.
- RESOLVE EDITION BASE KIT
Once payment is received I will build and send you the latest personalised install kit within max 1 day (via download link) if your screen resolution is already in stock. Otherwise give me a few days to do the mapping for your specific setup. I may also send you a request for a specific screenshot you have to make, which I will use for confirming/simulating your resolution/setup and do the custom mapping.
Feel free to contact me for questions/options